Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Susan Boyle

Hey Kiddies,
Tombie here...
With finals coming I must say that I haven't spent as much time being the media junky you all know I can be. So I was quite surprised to find myself clicking on a link to watch Susan Boyle's performance on the Brit tv show Britain's Got Talent. Not usually prone to watching (or caring) for reality shows or overnight sensations, I admit that I was immediately enthralled. Can I say that its the American in me?
Let me clarify that last statement. You see, we Americans love the underdog! We love the come from behind wins from the people who are viewed as the little guy. Maybe its because we were the little guys once. You know, the ones who wrote the two kickinest' pieces of paper in the world? That's right, the Declaration of Independence, and the Constitution! The ones who put it to Britain and said "get out of our house!"
As an American I can say that I love the underdog. I loved watching Susan Boyle wipe the dirty little smirks off the faces of all the unbelievers. It was fun. (o.k. o.k. You got me, it helped that it was the Brits, especially with how much those Euros love us Americans these days it was nice to see that they were the ones looking like proverbial donkeys out there!) The funny thing about this whole little rant is that this lady has talent. Case closed. If you don't believe, click on the link, or search the web and take a listen for yourself.
Last but not least. Simon, I know that you made the point that Susan still has to win (on the show). Yes that's true from a technical stand point. Funny thing is you already made her career, whether she takes the win on the show or not. Maybe you shouldn't judge a book by its cover.
Hurray for the underdogs!
Talk at you guys soon!
Tombstone.

No comments:

Post a Comment